Friday, December 5, 2008

Leesburg

I promised a post about my first race of next season and here it is. My first race is going to be on April 18th, in Leesburg, VA, for the Leesburg Baker's Dozen. I know that it's a little odd for me to be announcing this right now, especially since I can't tell you if I'm going solo, two man, or even three man, but there are several reasons for this.

1) Publicly announcing my intention to do something now forces me to train for it, no just waiting for race day and then showing up... I have to be prepared.

2) This will be the debut for my dream cross country bike that I'm building up right now. I'm planning on heading down to the shop after classes today to start putting together an order so that I can have more than just a frame and a fork sitting in my living room.

3) I'm skipping my cousin's wedding for this race.
It's not that I don't want to be at his wedding, it's just that this was the race that got me addicted to endurance racing, if it weren't for this race there wouldn't even be a dream XC rig. I really do wish Matt and Jess all the best, but they just should have chosen a better weekend to get married, or alternatively hold the ceremony in the pits at the race.

There you go, the first race on the calender for next season.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

They will be serving "Dickies" barbeque at the wedding - I'm heading to Dallas