Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Addiction


I may have an addiction. I spent last night out in the back yard breaking in the conquest that I purchased from a friend, and while I was out there sprinting around my make-shift cross course I was trying to figure out how on earth I can possibly pay for the parts (and to be honest even the frame) of the mountain racer that I am building up.

Not only am I spending money that I don't have, but I am actually at a bit of a loss as to what I want to put on this bike. I always have a dream bike floating around in my head, but it's more like a downhill bike than a cross country rig... OK, it's actually totally a north shore style bike end of story. What I need to do is figure out what parts would make this bike an amazing race bike, mostly for endurance races.

Here's what I've thought of so far.

Wheels: Mavis Crossmax sl or custom built DT swiss
Headset: Kris King Pretty in Pink
Stem: ??
Handlebars: ??
Grips: ??
Breaks: ??
Shifters: X-O pod-shifters
Rear Derailleur: X-9
Front Derailleur: XTR
Chain: SRAM PC-990 Nickle Plaited
Cassette: Deore XT
Tires: ??
Cranks: ??
Saddle: Shadow V
Bottom Bracket: ??

Wow, lots of decisions left to make... and lots of sperm and blood to sell to be able to afford it all.

2 comments:

Roadie Steve said...

Yeah... we both have the same problem it seems.

The Trials Dude said...

I think all bikers have this problem... including me.