Saturday, November 29, 2008

Building up bikes

Seeing as Jared is building up a bike from the frame up and I will be making some minor upgrades to my main racer in the spring.

So here is my list that I am posting for others to make suggestions:

Saddle: World Trail Bikes Shadow V
Seat Post: Thomson Elite
Pedals: Time Atac XS
Grips: ? preferably pink, but must work with grip shift

Here are my suggestions for Jared's build.

Wheels: Mavis Crossmax SL or custom built DT Swiss
Headset: Kris King Pretty in Pink
Stem: Thomson or Ritchey WCS
Handlebars: Ritchey WCS Alu
Grips: ODI Lock-on pink edition
Breaks: Avid Juicy or Elixer (non-carbon knowing your riding style)
Shifters: X-O pod-shifters, or pick up a set of X-9 twist grip and you can take the unused X-9s from my Scalpel: save a bit of cash)
Rear Derailleur: X-9
Front Derailleur: XTR (why not save some money and go with XT, only a little heavier)
Chain: SRAM PC-990 Nickle Plaited
Cassette: Deore XT
Tires: Maxxis Ignitors or Continental Speed King (this should be your last choice so we can all test them)
Cranks: Shimano XT Hollowgram w/external BB or FSA Afterburnner w/external BB
Saddle: Shadow V
Bottom Bracket: Shimano or FSA External BB


Hope you all are having a wonderful Thanksgiving.

3 comments:

Part Breaker said...

Your build is almost exactly what I've pretty much decided on... except for for the breaks.

Roadie Steve said...

For goodness sake, give up on Shimano. They are not worth the sacrifice, but if you must keep with your mineral spirits go with the Hopes. And it's brakes not breaks.

Part Breaker said...

Hey, you know I can't spell, and I'll have you know that my 525s are still working perfectly with plenty of power after 5 years of abuse, that's a pretty good reason in my book to stick to the same company.