Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Dash for Class

What do you do with two and a half hours between work and class? I can tell you what I do. I ride. A normal person in my situation would pick a ride that usually takes and hour so that they would have plenty of time to make it to class in time.

I didn't make the smart decision. I went with the fun one. The two hour one to be exact. And let me tell you... it was a blast. In the summer the ride only takes about and hour and fifteen minutes. But my winter shape is still apparent.

I made the ride in an hour and a half. I felt it on the climbs, but burned it out on the descents and rollers: probably one of my best rides this year. Not bad considering. Plenty of time to eat a Poptart, towel off, work on a bike for the shop, and head to class. And I was only late because of the car doing 40 mph in a 55 that everyone normally runs at 65. Bugger.

0 comments: