Monday, February 9, 2009

Trying to keep up with Jared

Today was beautiful. High 60s, sunny, nice little breeze.
So Jared and I took off after class on a nice ride out to Hayters. Hayters for those of you don't know lies on one of the Trans-Continental routes and is considered on of the toughest climbs on the east coast. Its a nasty 3.5 mile climb that sustains 7% grade and will kick to 12% in some sections.

So Jared and I started up it. Both pulling beside each other, dropping one another for short distances, only to hear the other somehow latch back on. This went on until about 1/8 of a mile from the top, where I decided to have a go at it. I gave it 95% and drew away (only because Jared's bike miss shifted). Once he regained his gear, he caught me at which point I tried to give it my all, only to feel a vice clamp down on my chest. At which point Jared flew away and I limped up to the top.

Fast forward to 5pm when Jared dropped me off at my apartment. My chest still hurts, I still can't breath. So I take my inhale. And 4 hours later I take it again. And nothing happens. So for my second trip to Urgent Care in less than 2 weeks, I get a Z Pack and Robitussin w/Codeine for Bronchitis/Asthma. Just what I wanted when the weather was turning god.

0 comments: