Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Amazing Possibility that is Pre-season

I hate the winter. Riding sucks because a) its cold as heck and/or b) its wet. There is no motivation to do anything because there doesn't seem to be enough time to do it (I blame the shorter days).

What is great about winter is the pre-season thought process. All of the potential that we each have for the season. My goals to get back on the podium again, to win Wintergreen, to get back down to my race weight, to train more and better then ever, all are possible.

But I know that once the weather turns for the better and the rides become more regular, that I will realize that I have missed my opportunity to reach those goals. Because, inevitably, I haven't ridden enough during the winter.

Hopefully I can get to work on that. So if you see me online or in person, bug me, yell at me, due whatever it takes to get me out there on the roads and trails riding.

1 comments:

Andrew said...

GO RIDE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!