Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Back in..... school

It's been a while, and I know I promised photos and a parts list, but quite frankly I didn't get around to it. It's funny, for about a month now I have had no responsibilities, nothing dragging down my time, and really nothing to do. You would think that I would have lost wight, trained like mad, and probably started thinking of a job or something for when I graduate in just a few short months.
What actually happened, however, is a little bit different. I gained 5 lbs over the course of winter break... a full two pounds more than I had packed on in the previous 4 years. I only went riding about twice a week, and even then I usually didn't push all that hard... with the exceptions of the two times that I tested out the new race rig. Of course, hanging over all of this is the fact that I really have no idea where I'll be or what I'll be doing six months from now. It's an interesting feeling, and I'm pretty sure I would like it if it weren't for the fact that I'm a bit worried about food and shelter, forget my rather expensive addiction to cycling.
As much as I really don't enjoy school, I'm really sort of looking forward to being back. Having places to go and things to do may have its downsides when you'd rather be on a bike, but when I have the ability to stay in bed all day... well I tend to take it. As much as I like riding, when it's wet and cold outside, there just has to be something to get me away from the TV if I'm going to get a training ride in. I just need to hope that starting tomorrow I can get back on track training wise, after all we're only a month away from The Most Horrible Thing Ever.
OK, that's going to hurt at this point. I'm a month away from a 36 hour race and I'm weighing in at about 170. My stamina isn't nearly what it was oh say in August and my legs just don't have the strength to plow through the worst of the terrain right now. You know what though, my bike is at least 5 lbs lighter now than it was then, and more efficient too... so I'll be fine.
I hope.

0 comments: