Sunday, January 25, 2009

Back in the Saddle (and into the mud)

So I am finally getting some miles in. Not a lot, but just enough to get the endorphins flowing again. With the repeated snowing and melting, though, the trails are a mess. I mean slick and yet still amazingly sticky with mud. A mud that not only dies your socks black (unless like me, you wear black socks) but also sticks to unbelievable place on your bike. Like the inside of your brake levers. Anyway, needless to say, anytime you ride on say the Creeper Trail, your cloths need to be put directly into the wash. Which is what I did yesterday when I got back from my ride. Then a grabbed a nice, warm shower.

And then I looked at the floor of the bathroom (also the laundry room). Then I grabbed my glasses to get a closer look. The rugs had turned black. Not like a different shade of the blue they once where, but black. Not good. Especially not good with guests coming over. So I did something I rarely do. I vacuumed. When that didn't work, I beat the rugs out (in the bathroom) and swept. Again something I rarely attempt, let alone finish.

So this leads me to the conclusion that biking is an amazing hobby as it promotes the completion of household chores. Now would someone just prove how biking is a great way to earn money so that I can continue this amazing lifestyle.

1 comments:

Andrew said...

Biking to earn money . . . I'm not sure that is possible. Although, I have found a new way to whore myself out new accessories and whatnot. If anyone asks where I got my new trainer I just tell them I got "sponsored." Yes....sponsored. :)