Sunday, November 16, 2008

A Weekend Without Biking

Last weekend was interesting, I went for an entire weekend without going on a real bike ride. Honestly I did not even spend time in the back yard breaking bikes on the trials toys. Homework, football games, and other responsibilities conspired to keep me far away from my bikes.

While most people would assume that a weekend without a ride would somehow not involve any riding. Those people aren't me. I did ride to the football game on Saturday and then home from that game, in the rain and cold, but I suppose it says something about me that I don't count that as a ride.

I really hate not getting a chance to ride on a weekend. It's such a perfect opportunity to go out and spend some time on the mountain or get a long road ride in. Instead I was doing homework Friday afternoon, was at the E&H football game all day Saturday, and of course Sunday is always spent sitting and watching football. While it feels good to get some work done, and I love watching football, but it's just not a good feeling to wake up on Monday morning with no more mileage on your legs than you had on Friday.

It's one of the downsides of the off-season. The weather is bad, school is stacking up, and it's so easy to find something else to do that keeps you off the bike. I have to say that I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving break when I can make up for weekends like this, and all the days during the week when all I get is to and from school by trying to ride off all the turkey.



"The sun never sets on those who ride into it."

0 comments: