Monday, September 7, 2009

Soreness

When you ride a lot over an extended period of time, you begin to have unreasonable expectation of pain. Meaning, ehen I go out on a long, hard ride I expect (and look forward to) the pain that follows.

This can become a problem when you embrace the pain to the point of not listening to it. Pain means that your muscles are a) tired, b) recovering, and c) getting stronger. Too much pain means more a and less b and c. I think I have finally pushed into this area.

Which is not good considering that on Sunday Jared and I will be racing in the Black Bear Rampage, a 44 mile mountain bike race. So, for the rest of the week I need to focus on letting my legs recover. Which needless to say I suck at and won't enjoy. Because who wants to ride slow? Reall?

Onto other things...

I am sorry that I haven't posted lately. Since the accident I really haven't been in the mood to post. Mainly I h ave been in the mood to work, ride, eat, and sleep. Which is good for my cycling shap, but sucks for everything else. I am going to try and spice things up a bit after the Rampage. Anyone with ideas should let them be heard.

Roadie Steve (aka Stumpie)

1 comments:

Jess said...

I don't have any ideas for what you should write, but good luck in the race!